Military displays and flyovers can change without prior notice. Please stay tuned to AM 1370 KDTH, 92.9 KAT FM, 97.3 the Rock or 101.1 the River for the latest details.
Please note that the AY McDonald Park and Boat Ramp will be closed to all vehicular traffic, including boaters, from 10 PM on Sunday, July 2nd until the park reopens on Tuesday, July 4th.
The Mississippi River will be closed to ALL BOATERS from the Iowa to Wisconsin shores from Lock and Dam 11 to the Iowa/Illinois Bridge during the Military Air Demonstration. The United States Coast Guard will allow boaters in that area after the demonstration. At that time, boaters must observe the no wake rule and anchor on the east side of the red buoys. The no wake rule will be enforced through 12:00 midnight from the Dam to the Julien Dubuque Bridge!
Sunday, July 2
The Independence Day celebration begins in the Kennedy Mall parking lot!
1:00PM – 8:00PM
- Military displays
- US Army display
- F-22 Simulator – Courtesy of the US Air Force
- Get up close to the Richardson Motors Drop Zone in preparation for the Golden Knights parachute jump
- Receive a free American Flag courtesy of Richardson Motors
- Food and Drink specials courtesy of the Dubuque Mining Company
4:00PM – 7:30PM
- Bounce House and games for the kids from Midwest Inflatables
- The Golden Knights jump into the Richardson Motors Drop Zone in the Kennedy Mall parking lot.
Monday, July 3
9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Independence Day celebration kicks off.
- The US Army Golden Knights jump — get up close and personal with the Golden Knights and help them re-pack their chutes after their jump.
The Independence Day celebration continues in the AY McDonald Park next to the Hawthorn Boat Ramp just below Lock and Dam 11
6:00PM – 8:30PM
- Salute to our Heroes Air Show including:
- Air Show Announcer Luke Carrico
- Military Swearing in Ceremony
- Aerostars Demonstration Team
- Golden Knights Parachute Team
- US Army Special Operations Semi
- Mike Wiskus Lucas Oil Pitts Plane
- US Navy F-18 Hornet
- USMC AV-8B Harrier
- Tribute to our Troops
- Missing Man Formation
- The Fireworks Spectacular!