Military displays and flyovers can change without prior notice. Please stay tuned to AM 1370 KDTH, 92.9 KAT FM, 97.3 the Rock or 101.1 the River for the latest details.
Please note that the AY McDonald Park and Boat Ramp will be closed to all vehicular traffic, including boaters, from 10 PM on Sunday, July 2nd until the park reopens on Tuesday, July 4th.
No Drone Advisory
Comelec Internet Services reminds you to leave your drones at home During the July 3rd Fireworks and Air Demonstration. The FAA waivered airspace restricts all flying objects within a 5 mile radius and surface to 15,000 feet high from show center. Violators will be charged, fined, and have their drone confiscated. A no drone zone will be in effect:
- At AY McDonald on 7/2 from noon until 2pm.
- At the Kennedy Mall on 7/2 from 6pm until 8pm
- At the Southwestern High School in Hazel Green on 7/3 from 10am until noon
- At AY McDonald Park on 7/3 from 5pm until the end of the show
Leave the flying to the professionals!
The Mississippi River will be closed to ALL BOATERS from the Iowa to Wisconsin shores from Lock and Dam 11 to the Iowa/Illinois Bridge during the Military Air Demonstration. The United States Coast Guard will allow boaters in that area after the demonstration. At that time, boaters must observe the no wake rule and anchor on the east side of the red buoys. The no wake rule will be enforced through 12:00 midnight from the Dam to the Julien Dubuque Bridge!
Sunday, July 2
The Independence Day celebration begins in the Kennedy Mall parking lot!
1:00PM – 8:00PM
- Military displays
- US Army display
- Get up close to the Richardson Motors Drop Zone in preparation for the Golden Knights parachute jump
- Receive a free American Flag courtesy of Richardson Motors
- Food and Drink specials courtesy of the Dubuque Mining Company
4:00PM – 7:30PM
- Bounce House and games for the kids from Midwest Inflatables
- The Golden Knights jump into the Richardson Motors Drop Zone in the Kennedy Mall parking lot.
Sunday, July 2
2:00PM – 4:00PM
- Be at the Dubuque Airport’s old terminal to see the aircraft that will be flying in this year’s July 3rd Air Show and meet the pilots flying the planes
Monday, July 3
9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Independence Day celebration kicks off.
- The US Army Golden Knights jump at Southwestern High School in Hazel Green, WI — get up close and personal with the Golden Knights and help them re-pack their chutes after their jump — Presented by Top Notch Plumbing
The Independence Day celebration continues in the AY McDonald Park next to the Hawthorn Boat Ramp just below Lock and Dam 11
6:00PM – 8:30PM
- Salute to our Heroes Air Show including:
- Air Show Announcer Luke Carrico
- Military Swearing in Ceremony
- Aerostars Demonstration Team
- Golden Knights Parachute Team
- US Army Special Operations Semi
- Mike Wiskus Lucas Oil Pitts Plane
- US Navy F-18 Hornet
- Navy MH-53E Helicopter
- USAF A-10 Thunderbolt
- P-51 Mustang – Heritage Flight
- University of Iowa MI-2 Helicopter
- Iowa Army National Guard Chinook Helicopter
- Tribute to our Troops
- Missing Man Formation
- The Fireworks Spectacular!